Saturday, April 6, 2013

Free Marketing Websites

You have a book.  You love it!  Your mom loves it!  (If your mom doesn't love your book, you may want to consider a revision.  Your mom is your #1 fan.  If your #1 fan doesn't love your book, you may have a problem.  Anyway, my mom loves both of my books so I am good.)

How in the world do you get the word out about your incredible book?  By no means do I have all the answers to this mystical question.  In fact, I only have a vague idea on how to market a book.  To top it off, I have an ebook and a paperback version to market.  Great!  Now I have two markets.  :)  Both of these markets are radically shifting and changing daily so hang on for a wild ride.

My main advice is to dabble in everything.  See what works.  I personally like Goodreads.  They have a great author program and I have found their giveaways to be helpful.  If you do a giveaway, just start with one book and do a month long time period.  You won't get a ton of response at first, but a few days toward the end of the giveaway, your book gets featured toward the top.  It is the most visible then and people enter to win it.  I also like the author dashboard.  It is interesting to view over time.

Bublish is also fun to use.  I am not sure of the results from Bublish, but it is free and enjoyable.  You can re-post the bubbles so be sure to use that option.  Bublish also publishes new bubbles every Sunday.

One of my author friends sent me this great link that I want to share on this topic.  It has some great advice.  It is http://savvybookwriters.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/bookstore.jpg

Did you like it?   (Notice Goodreads is the first on the list.)

Keep in mind that marketing takes time.  What?  I know.  Time.  Does it pay off?  I will let you know in a few years.


No comments:

Post a Comment