Friday, July 29, 2016

Making The Most of Your Time as a Writer

I admit.  I haven't blogged in quite a bit.  It took me a few attempts to relearn which account I used and to reset my password just to get into my blog.  I'm a writer; not a computer genius.  Okay.  So, now that I got that disclaimer out of the way, we're going to talk about time.  Yes, it seems like there is a lot of it floating around during the day, but somehow it gets sucked up by lots of different things.  Is it just me or do this also happen to you?  So, then you're a writer.  You want to write.  When I have any spare time, I want to sequester myself away from the world so I can see what my characters are up to.  I want to move their story along.  I admittedly get so caught up in my book, that I forget about blogging, marketing, helping other authors or pretty much doing anything except writing.  Now, I want you to step back for a minute and ask yourself, "Is that such a bad thing?"  Or the more important question of all, "Why do I write?"  If you're an aspiring writer, you will want to have that answer on lock down.  And whatever that answer is, use your time and align it with the reason you write.  For me, it is simple.  I write because I enjoy it.  I write for me.  Would I like to sell lots of books?  Sure.  Would I like to have writing be my primary career?  Eventually.  But none of these are the reasons I write.  What is your main reason for writing?  Are you honoring that reason with how you spend your time?  I challenge you to do that and I guarantee your writing will improve dramatically!  Now, go write.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment