Sunday, January 13, 2013

Have FUN!!!!

Okay, so I am posting all these things about writing a book.  I have forgotten one of the key elements: have fun!  Being an aspiring writer takes a ton of effort!  There are a lot of late nights.  Your book looms on you like a virus at times and a ray of sunshine at others.  So, here I am on a Sunday night.  I could be doing a final, final, final (times 10,000) edit of Book Two.  I could be working on the cover (again).  I could be researching....blah, blah, blah.  You get the idea.  Instead, I stumbled across a poem I wrote a few years ago.  It wasn't quite right.  So, I worked on that for a little tonight.  It is all creativity.  Most of all, I had fun!!!!!  So on that note, here it is!

The House
Parallel lines of old growth trees mesh together,
unable to separate themselves from the other.
A grand rod iron gate announces
man’s perceived ownership of land.
No man owns land; land owns man.

Two tattered barns
battered by the sun, wind and rain
stand guard.
Over what, we do not know.

Majestic oaks dot the landscape.
Mountains surround the land,
casting sun shadows to usher in the evening.

Meadows bursting full of dry grass
sway and dance in the breeze.
creating a living carpet.

Someone peers out
the upper story window,
breathing in the beauty
with a heart full of gratitude
to experience this richness called life.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment