Monday, November 26, 2012

Writing a Book: It's a Wrap!

I am at the end of Book 2 in my 47 Destinies series.  There are only 2 more chapters to write.  I am stunned.  How did I get here?  And now what?  Coming to the end of a novel is a strange experience.  As the author, you are excited to be near the end.  You have been working close with the characters for several months.  You think about your plot all day long; sometimes at the strangest times and places.  Then one day, you wake up and realize you are almost done.  If you are like me, you may wonder, how did that happen?  Am I really near the end?  Have I chosen the best ending?  Is it good enough?  Is it long enough?  Is it too long?  Of course, then the dreaded editing phase begins. (More on that later.) 

After getting through all the paranoia, then the euphoria begins.  I'm almost done!  I want people to read this!  It's good!    I can't wait to hear what people think.  It is an amazing experience.

So here I am, I have two chapters to go.  Well, enough talking about it.  I need to go finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment